胡晓林 Xiaolin Hu
PhD, Associate Professor
Department of Computer Science and Technology,
State Key Laboratory of Intelligent Technology and Systems,
Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Also affiliated with:
Tsinghua Laboratory of Brain and Intelligence (THBI),
IDG/McGovern Institute for Brain Research,
Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Chinese Institute for Brain Research (CIBR), Beijing 100010, China
FIT Building 1-508, Tsinghua University
Tel: +86-10-6279 9932
Google Scholar page
A short bio
I got my PhD degree in Automation and Computer-Aided Engineering from The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2007. Then I became a post-doc researcher at the Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University. Since 2009, I have been a faculty member of this department. My current research interests include artificial neural networks and computational neuroscience.
I'm an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing and Cognitive Neurodynamics. Previously I was an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems. I'm a Senior Member of IEEE.
Click here for details.
- 7/16/2021: In the ACM MM2021 Robust Logo Detection Grand Challenge, Hang Chen, Xiao Li and Zefan Wang got the 5th place among 36,489 teams. Results were released here.
- 7/16/2021: Aminul Huq and Albert Millan have been awarded the Master degrees.
- 4/12/2021: Congratulations to Xiaodi Yuan, Yuan Gao and Yun Wu, who got the Second Prize (二等奖) in the 39th Challenge Cup (挑战杯) of Tsinghua University!
- Nov 2020: 本人获得“清华大学第九届青年教师教学大赛”工科组一等奖。
- 9/14/2020: Congratulations to Enxian Zhou, Jiayou Zhang, Dong Wei, Zhuoer Feng and Bohan Chen, who got the Outstanding Award (特等奖) in the 38th Challenge Cup (挑战杯) of Tsinghua University!
- 11/29/2019: 项目“脑启发的计算模型理论与方法”获得吴文俊人工智能自然科学奖二等奖。
- 1/2/2019: We are organizing a workshop Artificial Intelligence for Art Creation (AIART) in IEEE Multimedia Information Processing and Retrieval (MIPR) 2019. Welcome submissions!
- 12/21/2017: In the AI Challenger Global AI Contest 2017 Image Captioning (Chinese) track, Niange Yu got the first place and won 300,000 RMB cash (~45,500 USD). Congratulations!
- 12/13/2017: In the NIPS 2017 Competition on Adversarial Attacks and Defenses organized by Google Brain, we got the first place in all of the three sub-competitions: Non-targeted Adversarial Attack,Targeted Adversarial Attack, and Defense Against Adversarial Attack. Congratulations to all team members!
- 6/19/2017: In the final of the 4th Tsinghua University President’s Innovation Challenge, our team ranked 5th. Congratulations to all members!
- 4/26/2017: Congratulations to Changran Hu, Xingyu Jin, Jian Wu, Weishu Mo and Xiaoguang Liu, who won in the semi-finals of the 4th Tsinghua University President’s Innovation Challenge and ranked top 10. The finals will be held in this June.
- 4/24/2017: Congratulations to Shaoxiong Wang, Changran Hu, Xingyu Jin and Jian Wu, who got the Outstanding Award (特等奖) in the 35th Challenge Cup (挑战杯) of Tsinghua University!
- 4/18/2017: Congratulations to Fangzhou Liao, anonymous and Zhe Li, who got the first place in the Data Science Bowl 2017. A total of 500,000 USD will be awarded to them!
- 4/18/2017: Welcome to join the 2017 Deep Learning Summer School at the Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University. The deadline for application is May 10, 2017.
- 3/10/2017: The second Duke-Tsinghua Machine Learning Summer School: Deep Learning for Big Data is open for application now. Time: July 25 to Aug 3, 2017. Venue: Duke Kunshan University, Kunshan, China. Welcome to join us.
- 3/20/2016: Xi Chen and Fangzhou Liao attended the Kaggle competition Second Annual Data Science Bowl. With only three weeks, the team ranked fourth among 192 teams in the final round. Congratulations!
- 3/20/2016: I'm going to give some lectures at Duke-Tsinghua Machine Learning Summer School: Deep Learning for Big Data, which will be held from August 1 to 10, 2016, in Duke Kunshan University, Kunshan, China. Welcome to join us.
- 12/1/2015: The PhD student Ming Liang received 2015 Baidu Scholarship. It is a prestigious award as the competitors were from all over the world. He became one of the ten lucky boys. Congratulations to Ming!
- 12/1/ 2015: In the Chinese Traffic Sign Recognition Competition organized by Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) and Chinese Association of Automation, hold in Xi'an during Nov 8-9, 2015, our team TNS ranked 2nd. Congratulations!